Thursday, March 1, 2012

I got a brand new (to me) pair of roller skates...

Do you sometimes you wish you could back in time? You can't really change anything ,but for a few hours you can re-live some fun.  Try a roller rink. And yep, they might even have the exact same skates!
My sister and I each had a pair of skates that you would use the key to tighten them onto your shoes. Then we wore the key around our necks on brightly coloured ribbons as we skated the street. How cool were we? Anyone else having flashbacks?
This roller rink is Skate King in Bellevue, WA

And if you'd like to sing while you skate try this:


5 comments:

Kamis Khlopchyk said...

I had those same roller skates, they were the cat's @ss!

Jana said...

That looks like fun!

EmF said...

Spencer and I had a fun date a few years ago going to Skate King and then the burger joint nearby afterward. It does tend to bring you back to eight grade, doesn't it?! I love that the carpet is still the same too. Good times!

Jamie said...

Aw - looks like fun!!

Tracy said...

I LOVE roller skating. No one will ever talk me into roller blades. It's old school all the way!