Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Science Time - Take something apart


This was a big hit and it was actually C's idea.  He brought up an old mobile phone from the basement and said, "Mom, what's inside this?"  The battery had been removed a long time ago and it was an OLD giant phone, completely not usable, or donate-able. I got out some small screwdrivers and let the boys at it for a while.  I did help crack a section open with a butter knife that was being difficult. But they took quite a awhile dissecting each part.  I have to say it made me want to look for some more junked electronics.  Maybe we'll get a pile of parts and try to build something.

What do you have that you could take apart?


Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Jamie said...

Cool! My boys would LOVE this!

ade said...

very cool idea...

Burbs said...

This was our life w/ Jesse. He took everything apart -whether it was approved or not-
He sure learned from it though and sometimes could get the stuff back together.........

Claudia Lawrence said...

Hi, ur blog is really nice & interesting, while reading it I truly like it & cool snaps. I just wanna suggest that u should submit your blog in this website which is offering very unique features at cheap prices there are expert advertising team who will not only provide the adspace but also promote ur blog & affiliate ads through all over the networks which will definitely boost ur traffic & readers. Finally I have bookmarked ur blog & also shared to my friends. hope u have a wonderful day & !!happy blogging!!.

Jane said...

This is a fab idea - my kids have always loved taking things apart! We even had a 'take apart club' at our homeschool group which was a huge success!!

Thank you for your wonderful blog! I'm so glad I've found it!

aubrey said...

what a great idea, kristin! we have quite a few old phones..i know ava would love doing this.

Evelyn Saenz said...

What a fabulous idea. My kids always loved taking things apart. Sometimes we could even get them back together.

Hope you don't mind that I added a link to this blog on www.facebook.com/teachable