Monday, June 29, 2009

Celebrating!

As E told the border guard a few weeks ago, "We are both Canada and America, we are lucky." Yes I agree, we are very lucky, both so great and founded on principles of freedom and human rights. This is a big week for us to celebrate both our countries. Canada Day on July 1st, is Wednesday and USA celebrates their "birthday" on Saturday. We have a little paperback called "1001 Ways to Celebrate America" by Gregory J.P. Godek. Mostly it has ideas that remind me of the blessings and freedoms I enjoy as a Canadian and an American. One of the things is a little list by day of the week. I thought this week it was highly appropriate.

On Monday...Be patriotic.
On Tuesday...Be efficient.
On Wednesday...Be happy. (perfect day for this - it is Canada Day!)
On Thursday...Be creative.
On Friday...Be friendly.
On Saturday...Be with your family.
On Sunday...Be thankful.

So for patriotism we got out a whole bunch of rah-rah country stuff, Red and White and Red, White and Blue. maple leaves and stars and stripes. The boys and I decorated and planned our week and we are excited! Party on!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Sounds like fun - that is so funny what E said. Very lucky - two parties in one week! :)

Traci said...

I love your daily goals for the week! Everytime I hear about Canada, I think of you~