Monday, November 8, 2010

Which White Towel is Mine?

So I have a love/hate relationship with white towels. I love that they look clean and crisp, that you can bleach them if necessary and they match with everything. The problem is they are hard to tell apart. I don't believe in washing towels after each use.  You should be clean stepping out of the shower and it's better for the environment.  However I don't believe in sharing towels with your whole family either.  I like to know which towel is mine. I promise I do wash them sometimes :) 

So here is our nifty solution and I think it subtle and a little cute. I sewed different coloured ribbon loops, like tags onto the towels. Everyone knows their colour, but I still have a stack of nice white towels in the linen cabinet.

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

JRoberts said...

Great idea. I am all for lots of color...but that is just me...3 boys and a big boy...hides lots of stuff! :)

Joanna said...

Nice! I love this idea, how clever. It would also work for my towels (not white) because they are all the same!

Diane said...

Great solution! For a long time I was aggravated at my kids grabbing every towel if they forgot theirs in the bathroom, so I put all extras away where they couldn't/wouldn't get them.

Also, Lands End towels are fabulous, and I had my kids' monogrammed so everyone knew which towel was theirs. (And I knew who left theirs on the floor).

Jamie said...

Very clever. My boys towels are the same too AND they are pale yellow. I'm ready to move to a dark color though...seeing as they are boys and pale yellow is not still pale yellow.

aubreyannie said...

ooh, what a fantastic idea, kristin! i might steal it! haha!

Elisha and Scott said...

Great idea! Man, you are smart!

The Trainas said...

SUPER cute idea!! I love how you have a color for each person in your family! :)