Thursday, February 4, 2010

Branded Tote Bags, no more...


So I'm not a big fan of giant brand advertising (no offense Eddie Bauer).  These Tote Bags however, were free and who doesn't need another tote bag?  I knew however I must cover-up the branding.  I tried to think of some top-heavy items I could applique over it, tree and umbrella came to mind, so I did a few sketches. This is what I came up with. I used fabric scraps from the scrap bin and iron-on fusible material to adhere the fabric initially, then stitched the outlines.  I think the rubber boots are my favourite part.  Maybe I wish I had some yellow ones.



Don't forget to send your Field Trip Links in ...
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Joanna said...

Those are SO cute! I love them!

Mrs. Priss said...

That's an adorable idea! I have a ton of tote bags that could use a makeover like this. Thanks for the inspiration. :)

And thank you for the comment on my Anthropologie necklace DIY post. Good luck with it!

Traci said...

I am sooo loving your blog! It was great meeting you last night at the craft night. I'm adding your blog to my list of favs! Have a great weekend!

Burbs said...

How did you get a free tote bag??? So cute what you did with them!!

Traci said...

adorable, now maybe i should save my bags that I just get rid of.

Amanda said...

Hey Kristin!
I love your blog! You are such a fun mom! It was so nice to meet you at the blog party the other night! here is my blog crabnormal.blogspot.com

Jamie said...

That looks awesome!!