Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Kids Ornament Swap via Crafty Crow

This year we participated again in the Crafty Crow's Kid's Ornament Swap. We had fun making and receiving our ornaments. This year's theme was Fairy Tales!
"Inspiration for ornaments include: gnomes, kings and queens, castles, enchanted forests, fairies, unicorns, knights, princesses, dragons,
mermaids, etc."



When my boys think of fairy tales, they first thought of knights!

I wanted to do something a bit different, I found these foil sheets in my stash (I had from a long time ago from Close to My Heart) about the thickness of paper that you can cut easily with scissors, paper punches even. The boys punched out the stars. Then we used brass embossing stencils and stylist for the designs on the shields. They are backed with felt (glued on). I was going to use the metal rings but ribbon hangs better so that's what we sent off.

(more pictures to come of the fun we got in the mail.)

1 comment:

Traci said...

Love the sheilds! You clever girl. What a fun idea. How does one get in on an ornament swap?