Thursday, November 12, 2009

Batty




Please bare with me as I finally upload some pictures of our Halloween costumes - think of it like dress-up ideas...So here is C as a bat... he loved it, so I guess it was worth making 5 different sets of ears :) He pretty much flew everywhere he went and loved that he could tuck his wings under his arms. An already broken umbrella, cut in half worked great for the wings. I took out all the hardware to make it more comfortable. I sewed each half onto a piece of black grosgrain ribbon then sewed that directly onto the shirt, pinning from the underarm outward. Yes he is wearing plastic vampire teeth, which I liked because it slowed the candy intake.

Note: I loved playing with these photos in Picnik, I highly recommend an enjoyable way to waste time and create cool pic effects!

Warning: it could be very addictive...
And a last shot of my bat in the belfry (cell phone camera - such great quality)



Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Traci said...

Your costume turned out splendid! I love your little bat! Piknic is too much fun, only I have found it to be super slow. Did you buy the membership or just use the free trial? I wondered if the membership would be faster uploading and such...

Jamie said...

So cute! Nice work Kristin.

Mama King said...

Great costume and love the effects! I think someone liked his costume :-)