Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Earth Day - step 2 - Reuse

There are so many ways to reuse and so many things to reuse, I could go on and on. I love thrifting, garage sale-ing and remaking things. For the Earth this week, think of one thing you already have and make it useful, I love to hear what you come up with...

Here's an easy one and a great idea to REUSE those plastic eggs, here. Rhyming egg shells - how cool! Unfortunately my kids are only five so after an initial and brief interest, I had nothing. I'm throwing these in my Easter box for next year and I'll try again. Maybe an incentive, if they read all the rhymes they can crack the egg for the treat inside?


The Rhymes I wrote up were
F, S, L, P, B-ox
T, FL, S, J, L, TR, D, H-ip
Y, Z, T, WH, TH, P-en
B, L, R, Z-oom
C, H, B, F, P, R, TH, S-at

I think Dr. Seuss books would be helpful with short rhymes, especially "Hop on Pop"


No comments: